After 1953

William Hall died in 1953 and it apparently took 3 years to settle his estate.

Fred and Audrey McCracken bought the house from the estate and apparently were the first to wire the house with electricity. The foundation was parged with concrete and a slab poured in the basement on top of 8" of ash that had been spread over the floor for decades from a wood-burning furnace. A forced-air oil furnace was also installed at this time and apparently the basement door moved to the front hallway. Three bathrooms were installed on a septic bed and the house was broken up into 4 apartments. It was also at this time a portico was added to the front of the building.

In time the upstairs apartments were combined into one, and a municipal water and sewer service were provided in the 1960's.